One of my clients is trying to modernize their ticketing system and they need a solid product manager to come in on a contract basis and help build the functional spec/product plan and deliver a world class solution. Really good people, a very fun, dynamic manager and a uniquely complex project @ a major attraction.
If you are open to a contract role, let's speak further about this opportunity.
Here is a snippet of the JD for your review.
Product Management – Electronic Ticketing System
Our client has launched a project to modernize its ticketing system. Currently dependent on paper tickets, the goal is to move to electronic ticketing in order to improve flexibility, capability, and measurement, while lowering operational cost and improving the guest experience. A key need of this system is to accommodate the addition of a 2nd location, and allow for cross-promotion of the two attractions. While we have excellent operational expertise in attractions, we need product management to help us develop a functional spec that thoroughly defines our business and operational requirements so that we can work with external providers to assist us with development.
- Gather and synthesize business and functional requirements from management and staff
- Develop Product Plan that details the business requirements of the system, and how they integrate with future plans to expand into a regional travel portal
- Generate functional specifications document used to solicit bids from providers
- Assist in identification and evaluation of external systems and development providers
- Work with outsourced providers to deliver system on time and within budget